Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Lemon Pound Cake, Yumm!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The other day while I was balancing kids, with laundry, with getting dressed (at 4:00 in the afternoon), Christopher came home from work, walked straight up the stairs, and handed me a big heavy box that smelt like blueberries. "Did you order something?", he asked. "I don't think so. Did I?", I wondered back.


A few days ago I had mentioned (more than once, apparently), about how I was really wanting some new candles, in lemon and blueberry scents. I looked a few up on etsy, Christopher said I could buy some, but I never actually finished the clicks necessary to get past the shopping cart phase of the order.

Another round of mom guilt, right over here please. The kids need new this, my husband needs new that...

I opened the box, and inside were 3 delicious looking scented candles. Blueberry muffin, lemon pound cake, and pumpkin creme brulee. Sitting on top of the jars in a little envelope, was a nice happy birthday note. Thank you, Jessica! Unexpected birthday gifts 4 months later are even better than punctual gifts, really. Okay that sounded sarcastic, but seriously, it was an amazing surprise.


If you're looking for yummy scented handmade soy candles and other goodies, check out aj's country cottage. Not only is that where Jessica bought these candles, but I've bought from her before as well. Her candles are highly scented, and every time I light one, Christopher thinks I've been in the kitchen baking all day. Good stuff!!

(And um, if anybody else wants to buy me candles, since I'm good at pushing my luck, I noticed she has a peanut butter cookie candle in her clearance section, just sayin!)

7 comments:

Christina September 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Those look sooooo yummy smelling! I'm not a big fan of blueberry scent, but the other two mmmm!!!

AJ September 2, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Omigosh, I well remember filling that order, but it didn't click with me that the giftee was YOU! ROFL I'm slow...but I'm happy you liked them! :)

Yankeegirl September 2, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

LOVE AJs candles!! Am about to place an new order soon myself!

iampalegreen September 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Those look so cute! And Lemon Pound Cake? I would probably have to restrain myself from eating the hot wax. Yum! Yay for presents! :-)

Unknown September 2, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Okay, that is the sweetest thing ever. Seriously, BFFs who live in different states and love to spoil are the BEST. I have got to order some candles... I have an allergy to store-bought scented candles, and am really eager to try handmade ones!

Kunklebaby September 3, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Mmmmmm!! I have to get some of these, thanks. I was just thinking about getting some yummy fall scented candles-vanilla, pumpkin pie, cinnamon. YUM!

Tia Colleen September 5, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

I know, right?! My house smells sooooooo good. I love candle burning season. Not that you can't burn candles in the summer, because you can, just... its not the same, ya know?

Post a Comment