Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Just a ramble.

Friday, March 13, 2009


How is it Friday already?! How? My weeks have been flying by. I swear yesterday was Monday. Oh wait, no, because Greys Anatomy was on. My one guilty pleasure, if we're not counting peanut butter, which by the way I'm not going to have a single bite of today. This week has been crazy. Emotional crazy, physical crazy, I'm a mom and I need out of the house crazy. All of the crazies. I won't bore you with the ramblings of what I can and cannot eat, again, but its forever changing. I think sometimes I was born with a heavy rock in place of one of my major organs. Right? Probably. Its been raining the last couple of days, for the first time since October. Usually I can't drive in the rain, because I can't see past the raindrops on my window. Well, guess who got glasses?? Holy crap, there's a road! And cars on it! And street signs! I sat in the car playing peek a boo with the freeway for a good 5 minutes before deciding to focus on not killing the other drivers. Glasses on, road. Glasses off, raindrops. On... road. Off... raindrops. See, craziness! In dinner related news, I've mastered the baked falafel. Middle Eastern food used to be strictly for outings. A treat I guess. Has anyone ever been to Nicholas' restaurant in Portland? Oh I used to love it there. We'd order take out all the time. There and Hodas, since we lived right across the street from it. We hadn't had an all out mezza platter feast in years, until we recently picked up the art of baba ganoush. My mouth has never been so happy. I'm dying to make it for somebody other than my husband. Good thing my friend Jessica (aka jessicajane) will be coming over this weekend. Shes totally going to get a mouth full of chickpeas. Also, does anyone know how to crack a filbert without a nut cracker?? ...help.

11 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain March 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

I have no idea what falafel is but it's a fun word to say. :)

Needs Coffee To Live March 13, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Now I really want a falafel....I may have to go to the gas station today and get one (yes, there is a small Mediterranean restaurant in a local gas station...it's FABULOUS too!).

Maggie March 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Hope you enjoy your feast and have a fun weekend!

LeaKarts March 13, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Mmmmm....Hoda's is one of our favorites! One of the few places where Indigo will eat out, picky girl.

Megan March 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

I've never had falafel (like Beki, I don't know what it is) but there's a middle eastern restaurant here...maybe we should try it.

Clare March 13, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

You've just mentioned two of my favorite restaurants...delicious!

Hollymark March 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

*wondering what a falafel is..* Hmmm.. :P

Love the pic! The tattoo on your arm looks very neato

Unknown March 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

I'd love to come watch the kiddos for you so you could get out!

Wear your glasses woman! I can't see a foot away from my face without mine... Actually it's only a few inches! I'm blind!

Hope things mellow out for you a bit!

Anonymous,  March 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Oh boy! I just got new glasses too. Who would have thought that seeing clearly would be so much fun??? If I would have known I wouldn't have waited three years to get a new pair!

Unknown March 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

baked falafel is something i haven't had too much luck with. i mean...it turns out edible but just not right. i guess if i didn't compare it to the fried version all would be well.

i've had to put a pause to all the peanut butter eating i was doing for fear of having some kind of bad reaction to it. i was an addict. the other day at the grocery store i walked around the entire time holding a jar in my hand. before checking out, i had the strength to put it back on the shelf. i'm making progress...

i like the photo.

~ Kelly Ann ♥ August 20, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

I just LOVE your wrist tattoo- I have an ankle tattoo and I really want a wrist one- Hopefully one day soon.

I'm a new follower of your cute blog-

http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment