Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

The return of Hey Lady!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008


Long before ChristopherAndTia, there was another. An etsy shop that kept my hands busy, and my brain scrambling. There was a website, there were business cards, the whole shabang! After this past Christmas, things started to die down, and I got bored, fast. Not only bored, but discouraged (?) I guess. My items quickly got buried immediately after listing, and people were going more in the direction of fancy letterpress and gocco printed paper cuts. So I bundled up my sorrows, backed away from my paper loaded craft table, and took a long hauled, much needed break. My hours have been cut back at work, and I've found myself bored and in need of a creative outlet. The other day when I got back from swimming, I had made sales in both of my etsy shops. ...Both? I hadn't touched the other one in months. So I mosey on down to the login screen, click on "my etsy", and head to the sold link to see what all the fuss is about. A very loyal buyer, olioolio, who has purchased from me at least 5 times, had made a purchase and already payed. I stared at the screen blankly for a few seconds, blinking almost rhythmically. Without my attempt at typing it out, do you know the feeling I'm trying to describe? It was almost like she came through my computer screen, in a non horror movie kind of way, and hit me on the forehead with the donk sound used in the V8 commercials. (Ok so I guess I tryed typing it out afterall). So I'm proud to announce that I spent awhile this afternoon tweaking a few things here, a few things there, and I think its time that Hey Lady! has returned. I've got drawers full of vintage paper scraps just dying to be cut up and glued back together.


From top to bottom:

10 comments:

Jess (aka LittleBunny) May 21, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

they all look great- and i loved the "happy birthday, nerd" card in the store!

industrialpoppy May 21, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Proof that nothing will keep creativity down!

Michele Maule May 22, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

Cool shop!
I think it's great having two shops where you can create two different kinds of things. It allows for a kind of break every now and then. I'm thinking about opening a second shop too...more on that later :)

Metal Diva May 22, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

welcome back! Im digging it!

Victoria May 22, 2008 at 11:57 PM  

The powers that be...
very cool!

muffintopdesigns May 23, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

FINALLY! Thank goodness! you know i love heylady...

xoxooxox

BeckyKay May 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Good for you! I hope that I can get myself re-motivated in the near future, too!

Oh Mandie May 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Ahhhhhhhhh! You have Willow notecards!!!

Freaking.
Awesome!

Bubbles June 1, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

thats great and I know the feeling with being a papercrafter myself that it does feel quite discouraging at times. I hope your luck continues with your sales :)

I just took a look at your shop and love the brightness of it. Also your recipe cards remind me of study note cards expect in the shops they are boring white with lines. Maybe you could add that as a tag as your stuff is both for males and females and its just one of those fun things to cheer you up when studying :)

Post a Comment