Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

You Are My Sunshine, My Only...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The last seven weeks have been non stop, and full of change. Everything is go go go, there is never a dull moment, and the floors are never clean for more than an overnight rest- and that's only if I do it directly before going to sleep (which I've been known to do).

The other day, while the older two were down for "quiet time" (Charlie sleeps, Eleanore gets her thrills out of not sleeping), I got out a handmade blanket (this one by my Aunt Peg), cleared a spot on the rug, opened the blinds slightly, and Evelyn and I had some Mother/Daughter together-time.



Look at how different she looks.

The rolls and folds are starting to collect in the bends of her limbs.

Her chin doubles when she lays her head just right.

Shes nothing like the Dobby that we brought home on August 11th.



It can go from dark to light, in less than a second.

As soon as those gorgeous blue eyes open up, the storm that may have been, clears.

She is our sunshine.



A round of thrush, a touch a cradle cap-

...things that are both brand new to me, having seemed like text book written baby myths, up until Evelyn presented them to us with a newborn cry.

I'm grateful to experience them with her.
I hate that she might be uncomfortable (although she doesn't show any signs of it- no fussing, no whimpers), but I love to to say that her beginning is different than the others.

I love experiencing all that life has to offer me.
Even if that means rubbing Monistat on my nipples at 3:48 in the morning.


She puts me in my place, with her sunshine.

And I could really use some sunshine, to dry up the spit up all over my left shoulder.

14 comments:

Jess Craig September 28, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

these are so gorgeous! so beautiful.

Colleen September 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Such beautiful pictures! I love the black and white ones. And her cheeks are getting so cute and chubby! You are making me anxious for my own niece or nephew to get here.

beka September 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

I seriously can't believe it's been 6-7 weeks. Golly.
She's beautiful:)

They call me mommy... September 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Adorable! She is a little ray of sunshine isn't she?! Precious, just precious beyond all words!

jill September 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

love it all! she is perfect!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama September 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Wow, beautiful photos. And, such a sweet little post.

Chelsea September 28, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

Anonymous,  September 28, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

you always have gorgeous pictures!

Chana@ Mamma Town September 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

I might faint from cuteness overload. I love her. And you.

Anonymous,  September 29, 2010 at 1:26 AM  

She's beautiful and looks different than she did two weeks ago! Crazy!

muffintopdesigns September 29, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

love love love this post! sometimes in the heat of the moment we forget to just BE in the moment... thanks for this beautiful reminder!

xoxoox

(she is totally starting to look like eleanore!)

Nikki @ Life Of A Single Mommy September 29, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

All your children are so beautiful! Its funny how quickly they change from birth! :)

Post a Comment