Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Flashback Friday: 10 sets of Eleanore

Friday, July 9, 2010


If you read yesterdays post at all, then you'll know that I'm especially loving my little ones lately. Even more so than the usual. For the past couple of flashbacks, I've been posting pictures from Eleanore's (my oldest child, for anybody that might be new to our blog) baby days. I'm continuing on with that trend today, only- I'm sort of taking it to an extreme.

As I was going through photo folders looking for which set to use, I just kept collecting pictures. After our most recent happenings, I want to absorb and cling onto every memory that my mind will allow. I want to frame every picture that I've ever taken, and cover my walls from ceiling to floor.

Well, I can't do that. Not yet at least. Not in this house.

Maybe when we eventually buy a house, Christopher will let me lose my mind and freely spend thousands of dollars on having photos developed and framed, but- for now these 10 (yes, ten) sets of side by sides and stacked shots will have to do.



Christopher's sister Steph made us that onesie. In case you maybe wouldn't have otherwise noticed, there is a picture of Me and Christopher (taken on my cell phone from his basic training graduation) on the front of it.

That was our favorite onesie of hers.



The blanket that she was laying on in these ones, was a teeny tiny sleeping bag that we bought from the Goodwill Bins in Portland Oregon, before we moved down south to Texas. We used to always put it on the couch, when we'd lay her down beside us.

I had taken these using a red setting on our Samsung. Oh how I love them.



A precious little girl in a sailor suit.

Another thrift find, from before she was born. She only wore this suit once, the day we took these pictures. There were too many buttons, and she just looked generally uncomfortable.

But it was worth it, right?



Tummy time.

Upside down time.

And "Mommy has nothing better to do than dress me up in silly outfits", time.



Heeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Don't give me that look, little girl. I'll get out the ridiculous outfits, again.



Does this one even really need a caption?



A lot of people in Portland love you, sweetheart.



Because everything tastes good when you're a baby.

A lady that I had met online bought her that toy, when we first came to town. The gal and I didn't end up being friends, but I did think of her often. Especially when Eleanore was chewing on her yellow friends bumpy hands.



Look at how cute she looks, wearing the beautiful bonnet/cardigan/blanket that her Great Nana made for her.

The blues brought out the color in her eyes just perfectly.

We saved this, of course. Evelyn will surely be photographed and seen wearing it as well.



And then the end of today's overwhelming amount of Eleanore-baby-pictures... the "what! do something!" frame.

I thought that was a good place to stop for today.

But um. Expect more next week. Maybe I'll start in on her toddler years...


*******************************************************
If you're new to Flashback Friday, don't be shy! Heres how we do it-

Grab an old photo (or if you're like me, a bazillion), write a little bit about it, and link up! We love love love to invade your personal Polaroid history, so don't be shy, post your photo, and expect a lot of comments starting with "awwwwww". Unless its a sad post, and then... well those might start with "awww" too. I swear, most weeks I cry at half of your flashbacks (I know, I'm pregnant, so-). Anyways- (please please) don't forget to either text link back to this post, or grab one of our buttons from down below.


24 comments:

Chana@ Mamma Town July 9, 2010 at 2:13 AM  

Killing me with these! It's amazing how much she looks like a baby, yet...just like she does now too! Her face is beyond adorable. Sophie had that exact same sittie chair thingie in the last picture. I wonder if Evie (sorry-I've nicknamed her already) will have the same face? Can't wait to meet her too:)

Oh Mandie July 9, 2010 at 3:39 AM  

you truely are blessed with some beautiful babies Mama!

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 9, 2010 at 4:57 AM  

These are amazing. I am SO loving these past few flashbacks! The bum and bathing suit ones are my fav! Hehe. :)

Colleen July 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

You can see the big girl Eleanore in some of the baby pictures. There are some expressions that she must have had since day one.

Not that I need to say this, but hug her tight today. :)

Anonymous,  July 9, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

those are some of the freaking cutest baby pictures I've ever seen! how adorable. Makes me want to go pull out the albums of my daughter and look through them now!
xo natalea

Maggie July 9, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

Great photos! Those blue eyes are so fabulous! I have added a linky to my flashback, I have to be careful what photos I post, as my kids are older and already annoyed at me as only teenagers can be!

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

so so cute! I love all of the crazy outfits, sooo fun!
I didn't have a chance to leave a comment yesterday, because I read your post right before 5pm when I had to badge-out at work... but I wanted to let you know that it was such a life-changing post to read. I am so so sorry you, your family and your little baby in your belly had to go through this. I didn't really have the words to write you yesterday, and I still don't... but it was so scary to read and you did an amazing job of writing the entire experience. I did hug by little one extra tight last night. I think sometimes with so much going on we can take life and time together for granted and your post was a scary reminder that time is prescious. Thank you for posting what happened. I can't even imagine how hard it was for you to type... it was hard to read (but so well written!).

Alyssa S. July 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Those are priceless pics. OMG, the leopard print. FIERCE! The little blue knitted outfit...precious. And the onzie you made...LOVE it. I have SO many pictures and seriously need to get some of them into the gobs of frames we bought on sale at Kohl's just after Christmas. I'm totally guilty of letting the frames sit in the box for 7 months now. Shame on me. I can't wait to see the toddler years!

Fallon July 9, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

So dang cute! The leopard suit and the bonnet are my favorite! She got so chubby as time went by, I just love those chunky arms and thighs!

Devon July 9, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

cutie cute cute! can't wait to take pics of my own!!

Ashley Sisk July 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

I love love love these photos and I love your little girl's name - it's on the top of my list. I especially love those first shots with "Am I more than you bargained for yet?" Classic!

Alita July 9, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Oh my! She couldn't be the cutest baby girl ever? Could she? Oh wait, she is! And these pictures (and your memories of her) are so very touching.

beka July 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Oh my dear goodness.
I heart that onesie SO much!
Never can get enough of baby pictures.
Just yesterday we were going through an unorganized bin (just one of them)... holy cow, how everyone changes!

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Lordy, she's cute. :)

Love that onesie!

Miss Rachel July 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

she's so cute! i love the onsie, i've thought about making a t-shirt for myself with that fall out boy line, thinking my husband might appreciate it :)

Loddelina July 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

I can't believe you only have 5 more weeks to go!
Looking forward to more darling photos!

Helena July 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Oh, what adorable little babies! I love that onesie at the top.

I put the button on my sidebar. Is that ok?

Anonymous,  July 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

Those eyes!!!!
@lonestarlifer
Paula

Unknown July 9, 2010 at 3:28 PM  

I can not handle the cuteness of all her onesies!! Aw, and she looks EXACTLY the same!

Renee July 10, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

She is too precious!!

I love love love that leopard print swim suit!!!

- Jessi - July 10, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

We are due at the same time! Happy 4 weeks(ish) to us!

Anonymous,  July 11, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Love LOVE this post!! I love baby pictures so much!!

Christina July 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Simply precious, very pretty eyes too. It's fun seeing her as a little baby. I will join back in to the flashbacks this Friday!

Unknown July 15, 2010 at 2:17 AM  

AWE, YOU'RE FROM PORTLAND, OREGON!? I KNEW I felt some sort of connection with you!! <3 CAUUUUTE baby pics! :)

Post a Comment