Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

(never a) Wordless Wednesday: Friends and Books

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

(Sometimes- depending on the time of morning, depending on the temperature, and depending on my mood- when we get back from our morning walk, I'll open up the garage door for the kids and let them play for a little bit. When given the choice of what to play with, my oldest will walk right past the butterfly nets, completely ignore the sidewalk chalk and all of its brilliance, dig past the dirt covered action figures and matchbox cars- and head straight for the books.)



(Its rare that she sits alone though. She always has a friend with her.)

(Do you remember my on-occasion talk of who she likes to keep company with? I've mentioned a few times, of her two very best imaginary friends- Piglet, and Donkey.)

(I knew when I found a toy Donkey baby- because Donkey married the Dragon, ya know- at a garage sale, that she'd connect and bond with it instantly. But her and Charlie both, love that thing more than they love chocolate. And thats saying a lot.)



(So, my pictures are a little blurry. Sometimes my memories themselves, are a little bit blurry.)

(From what I can recall- while Miss Eleanore was having fairytale land story time, sitting pretty with an armful of toys, Mr Charlie was off running around with the baby doll stroller...)



(He tends to gravitate towards anything with wheels. And if you can push the thing with wheels- well hot dog!)

(Just recently, I decided that maybe its time we teach him how to be a "Little Daddy", since Bean will be here in just two short months. Instead of pushing around an empty stroller, ridiculous child, maybe its time we add a friend into the mix?)



(Ok, or not, tough guy. It was just a suggestion.)

(Ok well while you're busy pushing around your empty stroller there, big Papa, I have to literally sprint back into the garage, because- is your Sister doing what I think shes doing?)



(YES! Ladies and gentlemen- mostly ladies though, I'm sure- that right there, is a smile!!!)

(Catching a smile from Miss Attitude Eleanore, is very rare these days. If she is smiling, its because shes a) doing something very bad, or b) because I've bribed her to.)



(Stop it! The cute is too much! I don't think I can handle the happiness!)

(It almost broke my heart when the blackjacket came out of nowhere and caused me to run away screaming like a girl, popping the awww-look-at-my-little-princess peace bubble that had somehow formed around us.)



(And would you look at this guy? I can't believe how tall hes getting.)

(When I look down at him from this angle, he doesn't appear to be a baby anymore. Hes a handsome little boy.)

(A handsome little boy who pushes around an empty baby doll stroller.)



(Oh wait, I forgot something? Well thank you sir! I'd be absolutely lost without my lens ca- wait. Are you just giving me that because I dropped it into the stroller, and how dare something other than air be sitting in there?)

(...right. That makes sense. Of course.)

(So I put the lens cap back onto the camera, courtesy of the little one, and inside we all went for the day. Charlie, Eleanore, Mama, Bean... and Donkey.)

(The stroller had to stay outside.)

26 comments:

Unknown June 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

Your kids are so cute! And I love all the pics!

Devon June 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

i love that picture of charlie standing there all tough... hehe...

Alyssa S. June 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

OK, well beside the fact that he is looking so big and grown up, I can't get over how light Charlie's hair is getting! Great pics :)

Lacey June 9, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

Charlie is looking especially handsome in brown today...and Eleanore's smile, stunning. I'm pretty sure I could just eat Charlie's chunky calves!

Unknown June 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Wow, usually I see so much of Christopher in Elie, but in that one where she is cheekily smiling, she looks so much like YOU!!

Gorgeous photos!!

Chana@ Mamma Town June 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

A Smile! I never noticed that she doesn't have many photo's smiling~ pretty girl. Handsome man. Adorable bean in the belly. What more could you ask for? Pop by my blog when you get a sec my dear!

beka June 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Haha! I love it when little boys run off with the baby stroller. It speaks of a tender masculinity to come;)
I love his glare at the camera in that next one.
Ahh! Elie's eyes are beautiful. Her stare just immobilizes you. Be careful in 15 years, Tia and Chris;)

Wow, donkey is epic. I hadn't heard that the donkey and the dragon had married. :D

Jessica June 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

adorable! Both of them are absolutely adorable!

Rogue Wild June 9, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

hehehe I LOVE Charlie's tough guy face he makes, he's got the look down pat =o)

Donkey-dragon baby & Elie's smile while holding a book = priceless!!

They call me mommy... June 9, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

Precious! Charlie is getting so big!! And little miss attitude has a beautiful smile! (=

Ashley Sisk June 9, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Your kids are adorable - I love your perspective.

Amy June 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

That was a fun post to read, Tia!

CourtneyKeb June 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

I LOVE Eleanore's dress, and what I love even more is that Charlie's expression is like "What? I'm a dude baby, and I push an empty stroller... problem?"
so cute!

Allison June 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Ha ha. I love the LOOK he gave you. So cute. And what a great smile she's got!

CraftGirlAlli June 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

omg...you're kids are just too cute!

TexasBobbi June 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

sounds like a great day.

Johanna June 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

oh the cuteness is unbearable. They truly are lil cutie patuties. Also, I wanna see an update of your bean belly by the way. It mustn't be too far off now.

Johanna June 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

ok, I'm an idiot. I just scrolled down to see some gorgeous photos of you, your bean belly and your undies hehehe. You are looking great Tia! xox

astrogirl529 June 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

They are so cute!!! Gorgeous.

Mommy Elephant Sarah June 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Awwww so sweet. That last picture of Charlie looking up at you with the cap looks like Max looking up at me wanting to share something. So cute. Eleanores hair looks so full! That girl is going to be loving all that hair, when she is older!! Yay! A smile!! :)

Mrs Mar June 10, 2010 at 2:23 AM  

Love your not so wordless wendsay post. Looks like you are always having fun.

Oh Mandie June 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

You sure do make some beautiful babies Tia!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama June 10, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Very sweet. Great find on the Donkey baby. I love the little smile, and the serious man photos so much!

And: What do you use to edit photos? You don't even need photoshop. Your photos are always amazing.

Danielle @ We Have It All June 11, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

Love Love Love your photos! Your kids are beautiful!

Dawn June 16, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

awe - these are too precious !:0) great pic taking mom! :0)

Post a Comment