Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

My First Photo Shoot

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A couple of months ago (seriously, November 15th, its taken be forever to get to these), I took my Canon Powershot over to my friend Marisa's house (some of you might know her through her blog and/or etsy site, shes the face and talent behind Elegant Snobbery?) to take pictures of her two beautiful girls. This was the first time that I was going to take a series of pictures of children other than my own, and while I was kind of nervous that I wouldn't have the same kind of passion for it, I was excited to get down on the ground and look at somewhat unfamiliar giggling faces from a new angle.


Well I loved it.

And I think they loved having their pictures taken, haha.

Taking pictures of them was different than taking pictures of my Elie (who was also there for a play date, and present in several of the outtakes), because Marisa's girls are high energy. Eleanore is too, but- not like that. Or maybe it was just that they had such different personalities than I'm used to? Anyways, I loved falling into their adventures and capturing a brief moment of their childhood with the click of my finger.

Hopefully there will be many more photo shoots like this in my future. Now that I've got my new camera, I've got a good excuse to venture out.

And I hope you like your pictures Marisa!

8 comments:

This Little Bird January 30, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

Great job Tia... I love love taking pics of children... so fun! And I love that you get to get on all fours to see stuff through their eyes.

Can't wait to see new photo shoots with the new camera :)

Keep up the good work.

Unknown January 30, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

LOVE my pictures!! Your photos are so natural and capture the sweetest moments! I can not wait to print them out and frame them for my living room! Seriously, you ROCK!

April January 30, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Those turned out WONDERFUL! Let me know when you wanna come to San Antonio!

soul_searching_mama January 30, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

The pictures turned out wonderful! :D

Lauren January 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

Very cool Tia! The photos capture such fantastic moments =D.

Alyssa S. January 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Those are my absolute favorite kind of pics...of them doing what they do naturally. My sister had her kids' pictures taken like that...a photographer followed the kids around their grandma's house for 2 hours...and captured the best photos. If I lived closer, I'd totally pay you to do the same for me :)

And of course...Maria's girls are adorable!

Post a Comment