Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Your Turn, Boys.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Eleanore wasn't the only one that was due for a haircut. On my weekend to do list, was "cut Christopher's hair" and "cut Charlie's hair". I scratched both of those things off the list on Sunday afternoon, a pen in one hand, a pair of clippers in the other. The vintage red polka dot apron that I'm wearing in the picture is my "craft apron", even though its used for haircuts too. I'm pretty sure its one of the few things that I have left from the wonderland of a thrift store known as the Portland Bins, and I love it.

We sat baby boy down in his high chair with an assortment of Glutino crackers to distract him, and I did as much hair buzzing as I could, as quickly as I could. I meant to keep it longer on the top, but once I got started, there was no turning back. It doesn't matter how his hair is cut though, hes a handsome little man that looks adorable no matter what, amIright?

As soon as I finished Charlie's hair, I moved onto Christopher's hair. Same ol' same ol' for him. Short on the top, even shorter on the sides. I love it when his hair has been freshly cut. What I don't love though, is when his course little hair slivers get lodged into my skin like splinters, which happens way more often than not. I'll deal with it though. It beats paying $8 down at the base salon every two weeks.


Somebodies gotta give the haircuts around here, and even though I might not be the best at it, and I might not be dressed up all cute like the girls with their cosmetology degrees, that loving somebody with the scissors and clippers in hand, will always be me.

4 comments:

Christina November 25, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

I give haircuts in our house too haha. I cut my own hair lately too. A good friend moved away who actually is skilled in hair cutting, but she approves of my self cuts. I used clippers on Kavi for his last cut too. :) He didn't like. haha.

Oh Mandie November 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Kudos to you Tia! I absolutely refuse to pay for a haircut for anyone in this house, myself included.

Why shell out money on something I can do myself, plus I look at it as bonding time with my boys, theres something immensely sweet about family haircuts I think :)

Giggly November 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I always give the haircuts too. :) I love it.

You do such a good job!! ...and you're way cuter than the girls in the salon. :)

Angela November 25, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Hi!

I just posted the swap partners on my blog if you want to see who you got!

Post a Comment