Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Friday, October 9, 2009


When I first handed out the link of my personal blog to my Aunt (I'm slowly starting to pass it around to all of my friends and family, I don't know why I've been so shy), she came back to me and made the comment "That picture of Charlie, on your sidebar, in the bathtub- He looks just like your father when he was a baby". I thought about it for a second, stretching my memory until I put together a sheer picture of a younger version of my dad, and yeah- I remember seeing old black and white photographs of family when I was a kid, so even though the vision was barely there, I could see it.

Last week I got a care package from back home, you might remember me talking about it here? In the bag full of old photos, was a baby picture of my dad. The same baby picture that I had seen hanging on the wall in my Grandparents old house, but smaller, and unframed. Along with it, was a picture of my Aunt that must have been taken at the same time. Both black and white. Both beautiful. Both- wait a second. Is that my dad, or is that... Charlie?

My jaw dropped.


Are you kidding me?

Wow.

I um. That's uh... Well-

Wow.

Have you ever seen anything like that?

For Christmas I'm going to have to put my slowly developing photo editing skills to use, and make something special for my dad. I think he'd appreciate that. It'll be better than another bbq cookbook, at least.

--------------------------
Flashback Fridays are my favorite posts every week. I'd love it if you'd participate with me! I seriously geek out over these flashbacks. You can play along a few different ways. You can post an older picture on your own blog, upload one to flickr, or maybe just twit pic it? However you do it, it'll be fun. Just add your link to the list below :)

15 comments:

RhiannonSTR October 9, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

That is amazing. My littlest one looks just like my dad too and he is so proud. He actually has people approach him while he's out with the little guy and tell him how much his son looks like him :) He's such a good Papa.
Rhiannon
Daily Paint Journal

LazyTcrochet October 9, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

What a fun find. Great idea for Flashback Fridays. I'll try to participate at some point soon!

Fallon October 9, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Wow is right! Thats crazy. There are two Charlies!! Thats alright with me :) I'll have to join your Flashback Fridays next week.. If I can bare it....

Giggly October 9, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

That's so great! I bet it just warms your heart. :-)

Lauren October 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

No way! Thats so cool =D.

KatinkaPinka October 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

isn't it crazy how genetics work? i have a photo somewhere of my dad and a photo of myself, both when were about 5 years old and we look like we could've been twins. i also found a family portrait of my mom's side of the family taken about 1865 and there is a little boy in it that looks EXACTLY like my mother. crazy!

Teri Martin October 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

That is pretty cool. I was going through a box of old photos of my family with a few of my friends. And there qwere pictures of my mom in her and my friends thought they were pictures of me.

Unknown October 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Aw, so cute!! Family resemblances are so cool!

Annelie is my exact clone... but with my MIL's eye shape You don't normally notice the eyes, though, since my features are more dominant and she has my eye color anyway... but it is such a kick to see photos of me when I was little and they look exactly like Annelie now.

Gracie looks like my brother in law. Like, clone. No he is not the actual father!!

Sam @ The Ellison Family Expansion Plan October 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

I love your flashback fridays! I just brought back some old photos from my trip home, so maybe one day I'll get them on the internets. :)

jessicajane October 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

thats pretty awesome. i dont think i looked like anyone when i was little, but now that im all grown up, i look just like my mom.

i added my blog post to your thing, which is amazing by the way.

Crafty Mama October 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

I love his fat rolls! He does look just like your dad, too.

Peldyn October 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Such a cute idea! I will have to do this on my personal blog. My youngest granddaughter always looks at the picture in the hallway of her aunt Tarah at age 2 and says "That is me Nana." I have to tell her no, it is auntie Tarah. But she is right it really does look like her!

Amy October 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

Holy smokes! That's amazing! Has your dad seen it? It must bring such a huge smile to his face.

Anonymous,  October 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Amazing pics! Who says it isn't all about genetics:) What a great idea for a gift for your father...I'm sure he's going to love it!
Great blog - I truly enjoyed the read:)

Post a Comment