Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I dream of zombies

Thursday, August 6, 2009


For the last 4 months or so, I've been dreaming about zombies. Not every night, and they're not nightmares, they're pleasant dreams, but... more often than not, zombies are taking over my subconscious thoughts.

After I had the first dream in my dead yet undead series, I woke up confused. Who were these creatures acting out such graphic scenes behind my eyes while I slept, where had this enchanting yet dangerous storyline developed from, and wait a second...I don't even really like zombies that much. I mean, I do, but, not enough to dream about them?

Yes, Christopher and I have an over sized zombie portrait of ourselves hanging in a gold frame on the wall (a gift for Christopher that I put together 2 years ago at Christmas time), but, its never been much more than that. We don't rent zombie movies on the weekends, we don't host zombie parties, we're really not big into the whole flesh eating thing. I think that maybe we would be, if it weren't for my ridiculous physical reaction to the sight of blood. Not just blood, but, damaged body parts? Sight, sound, knowledge of... it all affects me the same way. My eyes bulge out of my face, my lungs immediately suck in all of the air that they can take, and I freeze. My stomach acts as if its just been hit with a hammer, my throat tightens, and all signals from my brain automatically come to a hault.

Now, if somebody gets a little paper cut, I can handle that. If Eleanore falls onto the warm cement and scrapes her knee, no big deal. Its the all too real sounds of bones breaking and skin being torn from muscle, that hit me the hardest.

So anyways, when I have these inventive zombie dreams, its different. Different in a way that I can't quite fit into words yet. They're all different. No two zombie dreams are the same. They're not even slightly the same. Different places, different characters, different plots, different features. And these zombies, my zombies, are beautiful. Beautiful in a they-don't-know-how-beautiful-they-are kind of way.

Beautiful zombies? ...haha. Is anybody listening to me? I sound like a quack.

I've had enough of these zombie dreams now, to know my characters well. I'm ready to start what I've been wanting to start my entire life. I'm finally going to write a book.

I've never written anything more than a few pages long. Letters to friends, blog entries, poems, the beginnings of stories (I never had anything to run with really). I'm not quite sure how to collect and bring all of my thoughts and ideas together into one place, and have them make sense. My writing style is kind of... um... scatter brained? I write in the very same way that my brain speaks. It might take me years to progress and finish.

So, how do I go about doing this? Pen and paper? No, I edit my writing way too much for that. Do I type it all up on the computer? No, my un padded butt wouldn't survive for that long on this hard wooden chair. Do I get a notebook computer? Spending money sounds like the worst possible option.

Maybe I should just go back to option number 1. A pen and paper doesn't sound all that bad?

*ahem* ...Zombie novel, and go!

6 comments:

This Little Bird August 6, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

Whoo-Hoo... You go girl. Good luck on the writing adventures. Can't wait to read it!

Cassie August 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Go for it! That's awesome!

My husband has a love for zombies too. I once had a zombie dream about us, told him, and he replied with, "I am so happy I married you."

We're more vampire people, overall, however. Our son is actually named after a vampire.

But I'd love a good zombie read.

Sarah August 7, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

YES! I started a book when I was around 7 months pregnant and have about 4 chapters written. It's hard though, because as you already know from my last blog post, I've been through some weird shit in my life... and that's not even beginning to scratch the surface. Its hard to put everything in some sort of logical order and I'm also at risk of having my entire family completely stop talking to me for telling it like it is, but I feel like I have a story that needs to be told and so I am willing to risk whatever their hangups are to tell it. Good luck!

Kunklebaby August 7, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

ooohh-I love zombie stories: good, bad and in between! Can't wait to hear more about your beautiful zombie friends.

Marie August 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Yes! That sounds so entertaining! DO IT! [but please, don't make your zombies glitter...]

Post a Comment