Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

And Then Another Photo Flashback

Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, Christopher has finally gone back to work this Monday, after a solid week of uninterrupted leave. And of course, my oh so relaxing break of not having to exercise my double super mom super vision is coming back to bite me in the bottom. Its not even 11am, and I feel like I've just fast forwarded through an entire lifetime of timeouts, diaper changes, and ear piercing tantrums. Both kids are already in bed for naps, and I've already chugged a glass of room temperature water to chase down the parade of ibuprofen that my head so rudely requested.

In between loading the washing machine and reminding myself to eat, I wanted to stop at the computer to post yet another picture in my blogline garage found scrapbook...



A picture of me from the summer of 1991. That would put me right along the edge of second grade, so... seven years old? I'm pretty sure this picture was taken while visiting my Grandparents in Calistoga, California. Visiting them in the summers used to be my lifeline. I depended on it. This picture was taken on the 4th of July. Summers with my Grandparents meant colors and adventures everywhere, eating grapes and drinking fizzy flavored Calistoga waters, new clothes and enough of a confidence boost to fuel me until the next summer rolled around.

Oh 1991. You make me and my childhood bowl cut mullet smile.

4 comments:

Jennifer and Iain August 3, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

So sweet Tia! What an adventure to head to California...looks like you had so much fun with your grandparents. Can't wait to see more :)

Alyssa S. August 4, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

You were SEVEN in 1991??? Damn I'm old. It is such a sweet, bright and colorful memory. Love it!!

Post a Comment