Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Spring '09 handmade card and postcard swap!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009


I love love love sending things in the mail. There is just something about peeling off a stamp and gently sticking it to the upper right hand corner of a handmade envelope, that invigorates me. I get a thrill by lifting the red flag on the mail box, and an even greater thrill when I see that the postman has swept away my paper treasure and taken them off to letter land.


Last fall I did a stationery swap, where I simply exchanged a few of my handmade cards with some cards made by others, and the end result was fantastic. I had a drawer full of decorated notes to send off whenever I pleased. I didn't have to make or buy something at the last minute, ever, and better yet, my pen pals were getting flooded with pretty things in their mailboxes. Win win win.


Well this time I thought I'd do things a little bit differently. Rather than setting up individual swaps for myself, I thought it would be way more fun to organized a larger swap, for anyone that's looking for an excuse to do some paper crafting and get some surprises in return. My "Spring '09 handmade card and postcard swap", I'm calling it. The more the merrier!

The swap:
-You'll need to make 4 note cards, and 4 postcards. Its important that they're handmade. Use whatever you want. Glitter, buttons, ribbon, finger paints, anything.
-You'll get 4 note cards, and 4 postcards from other swappers in return.
-The deadline to sign up for the swap, is May 21st. Leave a comment here, letting us know you'd like to participate. Make sure to leave your name and email. We'll contact you with shipping information and any other details.
-Your handmade cards and postcards need to be made, and in the mail to us no later than June 1st. Along with your cards, you'll need to send $3 for re-packaging and shipping. That way when you get your cards in return, they're not only packaged up safely, but dressed up all pretty for your mailbox (no boring padded envelopes allowed, promise, haha).
-All of the cards will be swapped, packaged, and sent back out to you (with delivery confirmation) by June 15th.
-Did I leave anything out? If you have any questions, please ask. You can leave a comment on this post, convo me at my etsy shop, or send me an email.

Lets make some cards!

-"30 PERCENT OFF Vintage Poppylicious Cardmaking Kit", by damboisedesigns, $12.95.

6 comments:

Kimberly D. April 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Sign me up! I'm always making cards!

Kimberly Dodson
miette.3@gmail.com

Oh Mandie April 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

I wanna play! I wanna play!

Tia Colleen April 24, 2009 at 6:47 AM  

Yes, 3 people so far! 4 including me. This will be super fantastic, promise :) hehe.

emily April 25, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

i want to do this if canada is allowed :)


teaandlaundry.etsy.com

Tia Colleen April 26, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Canada is totally allowed :)

Post a Comment