Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I'd much rather buy a print.

Friday, October 31, 2008

So, I have a confession to make. I'm a sorry excuse for a woman. I don't care about shoes. There. I said it. I've never been a shoe person. I don't understand owning multiple pairs. For the longest time, it was just my Converse, and my cheap Old Navy flip flops. And I was perfectly happy with that. The last time I bought shoes, for more than $7, was when I was 19 years old. 5 years ago. And to me, there's nothing wrong with that. My husband should be thrilled that I'm not "one of those girls", shouldn't he? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being one of those girls, I'm just not one of them. And I've saved Mr. Herman a small fortune in footwear, and for that, I should earn some extra points.


Well... have y'all seen my fat foot? If you haven't, I'll catch you up to speed. I'm 31 weeks pregnant, and for some reason only swelling on the right half of my body (I've talked to the doctor, its rare, but it does happen). If you're really brave, take a peek. The flip flops that I've been wearing, I got at Target while I was pregnant with Eleanore. So... 3 Junes ago? They're falling apart. Whenever we walk down to the park, little pieces of bark stab through the rubber and jab into my skin. Its not pleasant. Plus, the weather is getting cooler, and I can't wear rotting flip flops until I give birth can I?

So yesterday I gritted my teeth, sat down on the uncomfortable bench with my socks on, and forked over $26 for a pair of shoes. It nearly killed me. I hate spending money on myself. I hate buying things that I need. I always feel guilty. I shouldn't. There's no reason to. But I do. When we play dress up at work, my coworkers are always asking "ooh, what shoes would you wear with it??"... what do you mean? I'm going to wear my flip flops. Why would I wear any other kind of shoe? Crazy ladies. I think Christopher is more excited for my new shoes than I am. I don't even think they're cute. But they fit! And with a giant monster foot, that's all that I care about.

10 comments:

Caroline October 31, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Oh, thank you!

I'm not a shoes girl, either. It's either sneakers or flip-flops for me! My husband owns more pairs of shoes that I do. :P

Caroline October 31, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

*than I do. Pregnancy brain strikes again!

Tia Colleen October 31, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

caroline my husband has more shoes than I do too!

jessicajane October 31, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

Hahaha...ok, so I can bet Tim has more shoes than me too. He had some sort of shoe fetish I think before I met him. I had found like 3 pairs of the same shoe throughout his house!

Im somewhat glad I am already 5'10" and don't need high heels, because i would prob own a million pair if I was short.

I'll stick with my converse, moccasins, and flip flips too. Oh wait, I have boots too. 2 years and still going strong.

Hobocamp Crafts October 31, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

So where are these infamous shoes???
Old Navy Flipflops are kinda the bomb! Although they kinda change the style or something and they weren't as durable this summer. So I've been sporting my old ones too! Gotta love how the black ones turn your feet the same shade!

I admit I do like shoes- but I don't have a million- just a few very different ones..they'll keep me for a while. But I DON"T pay a lot- I go to payless xo

Zu-Li Designs October 31, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

I'm not a shoe girl either. They all hurt my feet and I can't walk in heels. I live in flip flops or go barefoot. Sorry about your footie!

Anonymous,  October 31, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

what a joke! so many guys have tons of shoes, but we chicitas get all the flack! My hubby has just as many, if not more pairs of shoes than I do as well (and I don't mind shopping)!
hope the new shoes are nice to the big foot!

Oh Mandie October 31, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

And I thought I was sick being the only girl in the world who wasnt totally into shoes! - I'd rather go barefoot anyday!

:-)

Unknown November 3, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

i like looking at nice shoes and think i like them in general, but i don't own many. out of all the ones i do own, i only wear 4 pair. i'd stay in flip flops year round if i could. and
they can be the cheap ones, too. $2-$7. whatever.

LeaKarts November 4, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Aw, poor foot! I used to not be a shoe girl, either. It was Doc Martens every day. Then one day, around when I turned 30, I looked over at my doorway and realized it was overcrowded by a ton of shoes. How the heck did that happen?!?

Post a Comment