Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Chai or die.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The other day when I was walking around my local health food aisle (my city isn't alternative enough for an actual store), I found some chai tea mix on sale. I used to love Oregon Chai, before I developed my food allergies, and this looked somewhat similar, so I put it in my hand basket and brought it home to try. Yesterday I mixed it with some vanilla rice milk, and poured it over ice. Expecting Oregon Chai, followed by sipping sour cinnamon, are two very different tastes, unfortunately. No wonder it was on sale. I left it in the fridge for Christopher to drink, because he'll consume anything if given the opportunity. And sure enough, when he stepped into the kitchen, he accepted the challenge.

This morning I'm awake after only 4 (-ish) hours of sleep, which I can only blame my unborn and still undecided gender of a kicker baby. I'd really like a big yummy glass of Oregon Chai, the way my dad and I used to drink it, but sadly, that's not in the cards for this Mama. And right now, boiling water and adding a tea bag just isn't the same.

Whats your favorite kind of chai?

-"Hand Knitted Tea Cozy - Turquoise", by knitwit, $42.00.

15 comments:

Ana August 20, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

awww...you need to get some chai asap! Have you tried making your own infusion? I go to this local veggie place where the owner (she from India) makes her own chai base by using black tea and a bunch of different spices, some sugar...I bet you could subsitute for a tea that you like...there seems to be a ton of recipes on google :) Good luck! :) I quite like yogi teas...they usually have some good chai (in tea bag form).

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her August 20, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

The tea cozy is just lovely and fun too! And I've never seen a mug cozy before - love it. Great talents, both!

Brownies Vintage August 20, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

I usually boil a bot over the stove, add a few chai tea bags. After its steeped for a while I add in some sweetener (what ever I have around) & almond/soy milk.

Oregon Chai is pretty good though. Lots of sugar in that stuff.

Anonymous,  August 20, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

I love me some VANILLA chai in the latte form. :)

jessicajane August 20, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

oh man, i remember my first cup of chai...i was in high school and i just got this job at a coffee shop called the chocolate factory. i was like, "whats this?" and the girl showed me how to make it, and it was love after first sip. it was the bulk liquid kind you buy in the little jug box and pour half into milk....so good.

Moonchild Dancing! August 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

I love the pink cup cozy! Mmmm.. chai. I had a seriously good cup of chai once and forgot where I had it and I've been searching ever since. :) When you have a chance.. stop by my blog. :) Peace!

Hobocamp Crafts August 21, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

I like Tazo chai w/ soy or almond milk. When I worked at Barnes & Noble I was SO addicted to chai! My first time drinking it- I was like wh what is this goddess beverage!?lol
My husband Zach sounds like the equivalent to yours, I'll try something- won't like it and he feels it is his job to eat it.
The kettle cozy is awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog- BTW many of the bigger coffee cuffs fit over travel mugs ( i use them at home or for jotting around)- maybe someone will get one w/ the trade!

Amanda August 21, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

mmmmm I love chai! I love it out of a tea bag brewed at home. :)

Ashley Newell August 21, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

I love the items you choose here, they are so pretty!

Hybrid Hopes August 21, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

I'm not gonna tell you my favorite kind of chai. Mostly because I don't know. However, I am gonna tell you about craftsters "cozies WITH irony" contest because your post reminded me of it. Craft Challenge #30.

Rosebud Collection August 21, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

I love the tea cozy..it is adorable..
my favorite chai was Yogi..I think I spelled it right. Just bought it on a whim and loved it..

Crafty Mama August 22, 2008 at 2:29 AM  

Oregon Chai is pretty good, extremely sweet but good.

Numi Tea has a Ruby Chai that's pretty good, organic, and I can find it at the regular grocery store. Their Jasmine Green is decent too.

Unknown August 22, 2008 at 11:33 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown August 22, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

"The other day when I was walking around my local health food aisle (my city isn't alternative enough for an actual store"

lmao!

yeah. that tea pot cozy thingy is cute and special.

chai tea? i don't think i've had it enough to have a favorite kind. i'ma ginger or red raspberry leaf tea kinda girl. good for the reproductive area, woman stuff and such.

i'll have to get more into chai, though. y'all make it sound delightful.

Anonymous,  August 23, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

What cute cozies!!!

Post a Comment