Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How precious life is. Sometimes it takes the worst of things to remind us of this. Last night Christopher and I snuck into Eleanore's room at midnight to watch her sleep. I held her warm tired hand, and he kissed her rosy red cheeks. We told her how much we loved her, and then snuck out before she had the chance to open her eyes.

My heart goes out to the Covey family today. I can't imagine losing a child. Having a child the exact same age really puts it into perspective for me. I'm not good at writing with a serious tone, but today there are no clever sayings or jokes hiding behind this keyboard. Just a lot of sadness, some waterproof mascara, and an aching heart for a family going through the absolute worst.

-"Angel Wings Baby Blue Onesie with Black Screenprint", by cloud9designstudio, $26.00.

3 comments:

Hybrid Hopes November 20, 2008 at 3:34 AM  

I don't know who your friends are, but I thought about them all day. I'm sure some random girl thinking about them doesn't matter. I'm sorry for your friends' terrible loss. I'm sorry for the biting hole in their heart.

I miss you guys.

Tia Colleen November 20, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

I've been thinking about them all day long, every day since it happened. Yesterday was the memorial for thier 2 year old son. Christopher works with the husband. I think that you thinking about them, even if you don't know who they are, in some weird unknown way, probably helped.

jessicajane November 20, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

:( this really tears the heart to imagine. my prayers and thoughts are with them.

Post a Comment