Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I've heard of pregnant women peeing their pants when they sneeze (which oh yes, I've totally done), but ...injuring ribs? Why not, just leave it to me. Yesterday I was sitting in this very position, when I had two excruciating sneezes in a row. It was awful. The pain lasted for minutes afterwards, and any time I'd move. I thought for sure I had broken something. Eventually the pain settled down, and I could laugh about it. Until last night after work, when I sneezed again. Whhhhhy! Oh friends... I'm in a world of hurt today. Another sneeze will do me in for sure.

-"Maggie Print", by NoosedKitty, $15.00.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  October 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Oh the perils of pregnancy! ;3 The picture is perfect for this entry!

LeaKarts October 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Aw, pregnancy...beautiful in theory, but not so much in practice :) Nobody ever warns you about all of the gory details!

Megan October 18, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Aw, Tia! No more sneezing for you. ;)

Hybrid Hopes October 18, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Take your calcium! Osteoporosis is not a girl's best friend.
I've had patients* who have broken their ribs from sneezing before.


*Folks like 60 years old or better. But it's never a bad idea to plan ahead. Calci-yum!

Oh Mandie October 18, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

eeek when I was preggers I would always sneeze and I swore it traveled right down my spine to the middle of my back!

Hoping your sneezes don't lead to any maladies or trauma!

Xan October 19, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

I had the same problem! It didn't help that I was pregnant during the spring and summer when my allergies were the worst.

Unknown October 19, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

Ugh, I feel your pain. Not only did I have my fair share of wet pants, but my ribs were bruised all the time toward the end of both of my pregnancies. Just wait. The rib pain just gets worse.... Sorry.

Unknown October 21, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

i've had severe pain in my nasal area after a pretty hard sneeze. :-/

Post a Comment